[Kolab-devel] Kolab XML specification

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Wed May 4 11:45:06 CEST 2005

On Wednesday, 04 May 2005 05:19, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> [..]
> So it doesn't really help me. The SID is the important key for me. This
> is the key I get from an incoming update and need to match with an
> email in the calendar folder. Also, I don't understand the footnote
> about searching on the IMAP ID. What is that supposed to mean? It
> doesn't help me looking up the right event without sifting through all
> messages...
>
> I need the SID to be in something I can access via IMAP SEARCH.
> Currently I do $imap->search('SUBJECT "' . $sid . '"');

I would think "searching on the IMAP ID" would rather mean "directly accessing
an IMAP message via its IMAP ID"? If you've already got the IMAP ID there is
no need to search for it again...

The concept of storing the Message UID in the subject header was originally
used by the webclient, way back from Kolab1 - the current code still does the
same thing. The UIDs of the messages generated by the webclient also contain
the Horde Share UIDs, which are then used by the webclient code to resolve
which folders the messages are sitting in. Hence from a single UID the
webclient is able to pinpoint the exact message (not as quickly as it could
with some form of UID/IMAP ID caching of course, but it works as-is for now).

> Maybe we can allow the subject to contain "UID SID"?

I'm willing to update the Horde code at this point to allow for both the UID
and SID in the subject if everyone else is able to agree to something
similar.

Stuart K Bingë