[Kolab-devel] Kolab XML specification

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed May 4 05:19:40 CEST 2005

> David has added the scheduling id to the format document
> and I just released a pdf version as release candidate 1.
> Check out the documentation section of www.kolab.org.
> This actually reflects the status of the document as we are actually
> using the format for quite a while now.
>
> > This also means solving Steffen' s problem.
>
> Has this been addressed on Kolab-devel?
> David: Can you ask Steffen?

The doc now has this:

====
The subject of the mail must be set to the UID of the object. (*)

(*) This can be used by some clients for searching but it is not
recommended to implement clients that way; searching on the IMAP ID is
much faster when it's possible.
====

So it doesn't really help me. The SID is the important key for me. This
is the key I get from an incoming update and need to match with an
email in the calendar folder. Also, I don't understand the footnote
about searching on the IMAP ID. What is that supposed to mean? It
doesn't help me looking up the right event without sifting through all
messages...

I need the SID to be in something I can access via IMAP SEARCH.
Currently I do $imap->search('SUBJECT "' . $sid . '"');

Maybe we can allow the subject to contain "UID SID"?

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se