Distribution List

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jun 7 22:41:30 CEST 2005

Am Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005 10:57 schrieb Joon Radley:

Jo Joon,

> Do you think you will add support for this in the future or should I just
> add custom "x-" fields?

Currently we cannot handle nested DLs on the server. (We use DLs also for
authorization).

With Kolab3 the handling of users and groups shall be redesigned to offer this
flexibility.

The historical reason for this limitation is the tradidional simple unix model
for users and groups which explicitly disallows nested groups and which has
two seperate namespaces for users and group.

For Kolab3 I think that the Windows approach of a single namespace and
arbitrary nesting is more flexible and adds also usability.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany