RFC2822 windows attachment

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Jan 16 22:39:21 CET 2005

Am Freitag, 14. Januar 2005 09:22 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> So with the use of attachements I guess that more people
> will frown upon it.  What do others think?

In my opinion an approach via headers is much cleaner and conforming to
existing standards while an extra attachment leads to acceptance problems.

In addition using multiple headers allows us to at least standardize and
document those flags transparentlywhich are understood (I assume that we
currently don't know every aspect OL wants to store in the mail).

An extra attachment is imho unnecessarily too much opaq.

E.g.

-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany