Handling of private/confidential groupware objects

Helge Hess helge.hess at opengroupware.org
Thu Dec 8 13:52:58 CET 2005

On Dec 8, 2005, at 13:03, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>> If you do not want to have the secretary see the item, just remove
>> the permissions via access control. Which, as explained, happens
>> automatically in Outlook but not in Kontact.
> It only happens with Outlook/Exchange,
> not with Outlook/Kolab Connector/Kolab Server.

Well, this is nitpicking, but it happens in Outlook in both cases.
Kolab just can't represent the required permission property and looses
the setting.

Again: in Outlook 'is private' and 'sensitivity' are completely
separate MAPI properties.

> Again my point is: This is not easy to understand for the user,
> as private (sensitivity) does not mean private (access) in this case.

I agree and thinking more about it:

>> In contrary, it explicitly labels the checkbox as "Access:" which is
>> just wrong. Should be "Sensitivity:".
> Yes, "sensitivity" would be a lot better.
> I have created bug report 1019 for it.

I tend to suggest that this popup should be removed completely or
hidden in some menu (I think this is what Outlook does). Kontact should
just show non-public sensitivity in an additional, read-only field
(when dealing with iCal items set by other clients).

Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/
OpenGroupware.org