Problems with Cyrus and Folder Names

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 15 10:18:03 CEST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 07:02, Joon Radley wrote:
> It has been reported on this list and on our forum that there is a problem
> with creating folders when some characters are used in the folder name.
> Most notably ( ) ' @ & `. These will not be the only characters.
>
> RFC3501 make provision for a UTF-7 encoding of folder names. The problem
> characters are part of US-ASCII and is therefore not encoded. When I force
> the encoding of these names the same error result is returned.

It seems that most people agree that those folder names should work.
So we need an IMAP server that can deal with them for Kolab.
Thus we actually would need to document this requirement
for the client. Can somebody propose a patch to the current format
document?

Of course we must fix the current implementation then.
Work is on the way and because this is an implementation issue,
we should continue the implementation communication to kolab-devel at .

Best,
	Bernhard