freebusy annotations

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Oct 25 13:36:12 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 01:19, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 29. September 2004 00:25 schrieb David Faure:
> > Then it could be
> > annotation: /vendor/kolab/generate-freebusy    (or something like that)
> > attribute: value.shared
> > value: true or false

After more discussion we came up with the following idea instead:

A calendar folder is either
* not relevant for freebusy for anyone,
* relevant for the owner of the folder only
or
* relevant for anyone who can read the folder

This would be modelled with an annotation /vendor/kolab/freebusy-relevant,
where the attribute value.shared could have the values "none", "owner", "readers".
By default, if the attribute isn't set, "owner" would be assumed.

The question remains whether this is tied to alarms or not.
In my opinion if a folder is freebusy-relevant for someone, then alarms must
go off for that person, it's indeed the same setting. Either you're going to
the meeting (then it's both fb-relevant and alarm-relevant) or you're just
watching someone else's calendar (and then it's not fb-relevant for you
neither alarm-relevant). The other person is going to the meeting, not you.

OK with everyone?

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer