Small extension to the annotate proposal

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jun 30 08:12:44 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 30. Juni 2004 07:51 schrieben Sie:

Hi Joon,

> > I really don't see the point why
> >
> > /vendor/kolab/folder-type event
> > /vendor/kolab/storage-format xml 1.0
> >
> > should hurt?
>
> Yes. So any "Kolab compliant" client can enter any format e.g. "vCard
> 1.0"/"iCal 1.0"/"XYZ 1.0" into the storage format. It will create a huge
> interoperability problem. This what we are trying to avoid.
>
> XML, vCard, iCal, XYZ, what is the storage format that Kolab will be using
> for the next three years?

No, this is not about what Kolab uses but about making it explicit instead of
implicit and allowing for future development without problems when upgrading.

Explicit formats specifications are superior to implicit format
specifications.

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de