Small extension to the annotate proposal

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Jun 29 11:06:41 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 11:01, Stephan Buys wrote:
> The whole idea of using ANNOTATE is to identify the type of data stored
> in the folders, ie. events, journals, etc.
Yes.

> How would we be able to derive "journal" from "xml 1.0" or am I being a
> bit dense here?
The proposal was to *add* a new annotation. The current one, that says
"journal" would remain of course.

> Dont we already save the data as a MIME attachment, and in that case cant
> the version be identified by the MIME type or some other mechanism?
> If a client knows how to support xml and vcard contacts then it will
> intelligently parse the attachments in a message of a folder designated
> for /vendor/kolab/contacts ?
That's a valid point I think. We can already differ xml and e.g. vcard based
on the mimetype.
And finding out whether it's xml-1.0 or xml-2.0 is easily done with the version
number that is *inside* the XML itself. Therefore I agree that this extension
isn't needed.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer