Small extension to the annotate proposal

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Jun 29 10:41:34 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 10:20, Martin Konold wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to propose to make the annotated information about the contents of a
> folder more reach. Basically I want to include something like a format
> description with a version number. So that the client does not only know that
> it is a Kolab calendar but only which exact format to expect.
s/only/also/

To make the proposal more precise:
We currently have
 /vendor/kolab/folder-type where value.shared is set to mail, event, journal, etc.

I like the idea of adding
 /vendor/kolab/storage-format where value.shared would be "xml 1.0" (referring
to the kolab xml storage version 1.0". This would allow to set it to 2.0 in case
of major changes later, and it would also allow values like "ical 1.0" or
"vcard 1.0".

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer