Timezone needed?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 21 19:31:31 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 04:34, Joon Radley wrote as answer to Martin:
> > I very much agree with the change while I would like to
> > emphasize that in contrast to another claim we _need_ the
> > timezone! So lets make the timezone explizit.
>
> Please motivate the "_need_".

As far as I understood the local timezone would be needed
when making recurring appointments in a timezone where
they use daylight sayings.

E.g. The company boss gives a speech each monday at 9:30,
so she will talk at 8:30UTC in the winter in Germany and at 7:30UTC
in the summer.

What I miss would be if this could be solved in the different way,
like making two appointments limited by the days when the local timezone
switches the daylight saving. This would break the one appointment one
email design that we have now and could pose other problem as a
consequence of this.