ANNOTATEMORE problems

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Sat Jun 19 14:46:58 CEST 2004

On Saturday 19 June 2004 08:53, Joon Radley wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> The "/comment" field is a generic field that can be written to by any
> client that wants to add 'n comment to the mailbox.
>
> We must use a specific/registered field else other clients can
> unknowingly ( and within their rights ) overwrite crucial information
> for our clients. The clients may not overwrite a vendor registered
> tag that do not belong to them.

You are of course right about this, and using a vendor registered tag is
"The Right Solution(TM)". But I'm still not too happy about the kolab
clients depending on a non-RFC feature that no imap server supports out
of the box without patching.

So the questions boil down to: Can we live with depending on a patched
cyrus imapd? Can we live with the danger or other clients fscking up
the /comment on Kolab folders?

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se