Case sensitivity

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jun 15 12:03:33 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 15. Juni 2004 11:49 schrieb David Faure:

Hi David,

> But it's more common in XML to use all-lowercase words.

I very much prefer to stay with common practise for multiple reasons incl. the
ability to use standard tools which might break otherwise.

> Proper XML would even be <namespaceprefix:note>, but that's not necessary
> if there's only one namespace being used, as is the case here.

Would that mean bloat to the storage or transfer requirements?

> Is there a plan to write a formal schema for this XML format?

It would be nice to have as it would also allow to verify the syntactical
correctness of a document.

How much effort would it be to make a formal schema as you proposed?

Yours,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de