Summing up, UID in subject

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 20 15:25:19 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 13:40, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 20. Juli 2004 13:04 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

> > I also got an agreement by Martin in personal communication.
>
> But only provided there is a big warning in the format specification that
> the euid in the subject is only for clients which absolutly need it. Its
> use is discouraged!

That is not precise, the use is okay for the rare optimisation cases
that we talked about or new ones.

As I wrote in my summary
I suggest adding a recommendation that a client SHOULD
use the desireable algorithm to try the corresponding imap uid first
before searching the event uid in the subject.

Bernhard