Summing up, UID in subject

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jul 20 14:04:43 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 20. Juli 2004 13:50 schrieb David Faure:

Hi David,

> > > I also got an agreement by Martin in personal communication.
> >
> > But only provided there is a big warning in the format specification that
> > the euid in the subject is only for clients which absolutly need it. Its
> > use is discouraged!
>
> How could something that we store *on the server* depend on
> "clients which absolutely need it"? That doesn't make sense.
> Either we always do it or we don't. How would e.g. kontact know whether
> there's a horde client being used as well?

We shall always do it (write the EUID int he Subject) but we discourage
clients to use it (doings searches on the subject on the server).

IMHO this is no contradiction.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de