Events without time information

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Jul 19 20:39:19 CEST 2004

On Monday 19 July 2004 20:35, Joon Radley wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Am Montag, 19. Juli 2004 14:56 schrieb David Faure:
> > > Kontact supports events which have a start date and an end date but
> > > without time associated to it. The event is called
> > "floating" (it is
> > > associated to entire days).
> > >
> > > I think this can be simply done with a start-date that
> > doesn't include
> > > time information, so it doesn't require a new element, but
> > I'd like to
> > > know if such events are supported by the other clients.
> >
> > Such  floating events are currently not covered with the spec
> > because it requires an explizit timezone.

Indeed, if such events are treated like "midnight to midnight" then it depends on the timezone...

OTOH if they are treated as "on that day, no particular time", then I don't think there's a
problem (the event starts whenever your localtime's midnight is).

But I don't mind either way, just asking.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer