Naming of attachments

David Faure dfaure at
Fri Jul 16 16:42:28 CEST 2004

Currently we look for the kolab XML attachment by mimetype, to update it when
modifying the note/contact/event/etc.

But when storing other things, we have to look for them by name (*)
(since the <picture> tag in the mail points to the attachment name).

This makes the coding a little bit difficult, if some attachments have to be
replaced by mimetype and others by name.

How about standardizing the name of the XML attachment, so that we can
look for this one by name too? We currently use "kolab.xml" as its name.

(*) I call "name" the "filename" part of Content-Disposition

Actually an excerpt from a mail generated by kontact:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<contact version="1.0" >

(Not sure what the name in the content-type is used for, it's probably not needed)

Does everyone agree on generating
for the kolab XML attachment?

David Faure -- faure at, dfaure at
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer