Note by Toltec

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed Jul 14 20:03:16 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 12:48, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 July 2004 09:02, Joon Radley wrote:
> > Hi Bo,
> >
> > > Can't you just replace the strings? Do s,\r\n,\n,?
> >
> > I am using libxml2. They do the encoding. As I do not now the XML encoding
> > rules and standards, I really do not want to mess with this.

The rule seems to be that it's ok to generate XML with \r\n, it's the parser that
is supposed to remove the \r.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-line-ends

So I withdraw my request, I think the
 is fine (if the spaces that appear
in kde are a problem we'll have to add a pre- or post-processing step...)

> AFAIR XML usually is newline agnostic.

That's not true. XML has a few parsing modes, one of them being "don't report
whitespace-only data" (usually on by default), but in a non-whitespace-only text
node, a newline is a newline.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer