Note by Toltec

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jul 14 02:13:36 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2004 01:24 schrieb David Faure:

Hi David,

> > US-ASCII also contains stuff like bell, backspace....
>
> Of course I mean printable us-ascii. 32 to 255.

ASCII 127 is the DEL (non printable)

I also doubt that 128-255 is part of us-ascii. us-ascii is only 7 bit not 8
bit. The semantic of the upper 128-255 was always vendor specific and is
partly the cause for the codepage mess.

In order to avoid any issues I really would like to prefer a well defined
character class in the specification.

So why is my proposed character class not sufficient?

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de