Note by Toltec

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Tue Jul 13 19:49:35 CEST 2004

Hi David,

> > Please find attached a kolab.note object encapsulated in a
> mail messages.
> >
> > (I am so afraid to ask this) Is this what we discussed?
>
> Looks ok to me.
>
> I'm surprised to see that the XML is base64 encoded - I guess
> that's fine, it just doesn't help debugging :)

The XML library already does some quote encoding and I truly do not want
have issues around this. Secondly the MIME standard recommends that
application MIME types should be base64 encoded.

I you run Windows I can provide you with a application that will extract the
kolab object for you.

> Should the subject have those double-quotes? They're not part
> of the UID, right?

This avoids encoding issues. Headers must be UTF-7. Since I can not
guarantee that this wall always be the case I quote encode it. When it is
parsed by the MIME library it should strip the quotes.

> Ah, also, you added X-Kolab-Object, Bo's summary said
> X-Kolab-Type... I don't mind, this just needs to be added to
> the spec anyway so we know what to use.

Fixed.

> P.S.: You copied over the "http::" typo from the original
> mail, like we did ;)