Extra Header field

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Mon Jul 12 17:13:32 CEST 2004

Hi Bernard,

> Then I think that having the annotate format indicating being
> as strong as possible is good and in rare extra cases (e.g.
> trash-can recovery) parsing a message twice seems okay for
> me. Am I missing something here?

Firstly, the extra header does not solve a problem that cannot be solved by
parsing the whole message.

The extra header only makes it much easier. I can decide how to handle a
message just by looking at the header, without the need to parse the whole
message first. Parsing a big MIME message is resource intensive.

Adding this header to the message will not affect the format or the storage,
why is it such a problem?

Best Regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC