Extra Header field

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Mon Jul 12 16:00:31 CEST 2004

Hi David,

> efficiency but

> requirement.
> > >
> > > Putting a requirement in a mail header is dangerious on one hand
> > > (preserving headers is sometimes not guaranteed) and on
> the other I
> > > don't understand why in the case of the missing extra
> header the XML
> > > format gets lost.
> >
> > Three storage use cases:
> > 1) Single body part mail, where content-type is set to
> > application/x-vnd.kolab.*.
> Is this even supposed to work? The storage format document
> says the kolab-xml data should be an _attachment_. Which
> means the mail is multipart/mixed, doesn't it?

No body has ever been defined. So I am making provision for content types of
application/x-vnd.kolab.*,
multipart/mixed and/or multipart/alternative.

The last one with a nice message stating that this is a Kolab formatted
message and the user can go to www.kolab.org/kolab-client.html for a list of
clients that support the kolab format.

Best Regards

Joon Radley