Annotation Patch

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Fri Jul 2 18:44:14 CEST 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 18:37, Joon Radley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find attached the patch to add the "/vendor/kolab/foldertype"
> annotation to Cyrus. I created the patch using Cyrus-imapd-2-2.6.

Oh, I thought we would be creating a patch to support any /vendor/* entry.
I just don't see a way the cyrus guys will accept a vendor-specific patch...

Now I see where the "one-liner" misunderstanding comes from... I think real
support for /vendor/* shouldn't be too hard, but it won't be a one-liner.

My investigation on how to do that was:
> As far as I can see the storage of annotations would support it already (it stores
> actual entry names, not ids). What's missing is simply accepting such entries.
> It obviously can't be done with the mailbox_rw_entries[] static array, it
> would have to be done in the
>    if (!entries[entrycount].name) {
> case.
(something like "if starts with /vendor/", then accept the value, with the
settings you added to the array).

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer