[Kolab-devel] Debian 9.0 in Winterfell

Jochen Hein jochen at jochen.org
Sun Jun 18 08:08:47 CEST 2017

I've recently updated my web frontend to Debian 9 - during upgrade
chwala has been removed, but I could reinstall it afterwards.  I noticed
the following things after the upgrade:

- Missing Depends: on php-enchant (Debian 8 needs php5-enchant) -
  otherwise I couldn't write new mails. This seems to be a local issue,
  roundcube seems to default to google spell. Shouldn't we change that
  for privacy reasons?

- Some broken dependencies:

# LC_ALL=C aptitude -s full-upgrade
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libboost-system1.55.0{u} libboost-thread1.55.0{u}
  libkolabxml1v5{b} php-kolabformat php-sabre-dav-2.1{b}
3 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 968 kB of archives. After unpacking 352 kB will be freed.
 php-sabre-dav-2.1 : Depends: php-sabre-event (< 2.1~~) but 3.0.0~as2.0.2-2 is installed
 libkolabxml1v5 : Depends: libboost-system1.61.0 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package
                  Depends: libboost-thread1.61.0 which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package

libkolabxml1v5 need a recompile against libboost-system1.62.0 and
libboost-thread1.62.0.

php-sabre-dav-2.1 probably needs updated depends, because there was an
upload of php-sabre-event 3.0.0-aplha1 to debian, but it was reverted
with version 3.0.0~as2.0.2-2.

I didn't try my complete Kolab16 server with Debian 9 - I guess I'll
need to mix Winterfell in...

Jochen

--
This space is intentionally left blank.