[Kolab-devel] FOSDEM 2017

hede kolab983 at der-he.de
Tue Feb 14 22:21:15 CET 2017

first of all: Is it only me who get's some mails from the kolab lists
with some delay or is this a general problem? Fosdem is over and I've
got this mail just some minutes ago.

Now inline...

Am Do, 02 Feb 2017 18:31:40 +0100
schrieb Georg Greve <greve at kolabsystems.com>:

> Dear all,
>
> This year Kolab will once more be present with a stand at FOSDEM.
> This year we are at K Level 2 Stand 8. The "we" in this sentence
> involves everyone on this list, of course, as well as many other
> Kolab partners and active people.

What a pity, I've missed that.

> So please feel yourself invited to join us at the stand, and if you
> can spare an hour or two to stay at the stand and explain people
> about Kolab, that would be excellent.
>
> Also, don't miss the talks from the Kolab talk.
>
> This year I'll be speaking in the main track about OpenPOWER. See
>
> 	https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/open_power/
> 	https://fosdem.org/2017/interviews/georg-greve/

I've participated in that. Quite deeply interesting.

My private server is running on a little ARM board with free firmware
(u-boot). But for common server hardware ARM is inferior to Intel or
AMD. Maybe (Open-)Power will make it's way back to the top in that
regard.
(I don't like those binary blobs which are included in intel/amd
cpus and chipsets.)

btw: What's the name of the bridge? (the one you used at one of your
slides, in switzerland / alps AFAIR)

> and Christian Mollekopf will be talking about the future
> collaboration client:
>
>         https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/desktops_kube_next_generation_communication_collaboration_client/

Missed that too.

> Looking forward to seeing many of you there,
>
> All the best,
> Georg

What a pity I didn't read your mail _before_ going to fosdem. :-(

regards
hede