[Kolab-devel] Kolab 16 for Debian

Jochen Hein jochen at jochen.org
Sat Oct 29 19:16:33 CEST 2016

Yes, I use Debian for Kolab @home.

> We don't want to lose them. We need usage of Kolab, to find errors and issues.
> Some companies using Kolab on Debian are already switching to CentOS,
> which is fine. But I wonder if the private users will do that.

I do have 3.4 in production on Debian. My test installations are CentOS
and Debian, because Debian Winterfell is really incomplete. Yubikey
works with CentOS, Debian has missing packages...

So, right now I'll stay with 3.4 - what I'll use in a year is completly
undecided.

> Question: do we have a plan for Kolab 16 on Debian?
> Are there any known packaging problems of Kolab 16 for Debian? What is
> holding us back?

Last week I tried working with OBS, but I only get:
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
I'll try again sometime soon...

There are some products that need packaging, but I'm unsure if planning
in phabricator makes sense, as nobody is really working on Debian
packages right now - at least that's my impression.

Jochen

--
The only problem with troubleshooting is that the trouble shoots back.