[Kolab-devel] WOPI and CloudSuite

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at mykolab.com
Tue Nov 22 09:22:33 CET 2016

On Monday, November 21, 2016 20.10:53 Mihai Badici wrote:
> And how about the file storage support? Did you choose a platform for it?

For CloudSuite usage, anything that chwalla can talk to will work with
CloudSuite via Kolab. So if you have ownCloud+Kolab already, you'll be good to
go!

In the bigger picture, I don't think we have settled on a long-term pick for
this. We're still talking with the seafile people, but I can imagine better
alternatives as well.

In a perfect world we'd have/find something that fit the following:

* easy to setup and maintain
* easy (enough) to work on code base
* scalable (terrabytes of storage, million+ users, multi-tennant, ..)
* a reasonable API for 3rd party applications to tap into
* free software

Something based on ceph might be quite attractive, but we'd have to make sure
that it would be something that everyone could set up and use easily ... or
else retain a fallback default like the current imap storage.

--
Aaron Seigo