[Kolab-devel] [3.5] Installation on CentOS: webadmin login

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at pokorra.de
Tue Jan 26 09:03:53 CET 2016

Hello Jochen,

> After that I can login to kolab-webadmin and can create a user.
> Can we use that Instead of "disable selinux" in the installation
> instructions (source/installation-guide/preparing-the-system.rst)?
> Or is that something that should be added to setup-kolab?
Would be nice if setup-kolab could do that. It should go somewhere in
https://cgit.kolab.org/pykolab/tree/pykolab/setup/setup_ldap.py#n357

> -    The Kolab Web Administration Panel and Cyrus IMAP against the Kolab
> -    SASL authentication daemon currently require SELinux **NOT**
> +    Cyrus IMAP against the Kolab
> +    SASL authentication daemon currently requires SELinux **NOT**
>      enforcing the targeted policy.

So you are saying that for kolab webadmin, we can keep SELinux
enabled, but for Cyrus IMAP and SASL the SELinux must be disabled/not
enforcing?

For a basic installation, people would have everything on one machine
anyway, and would still need to disable SELinux.

I guess the best would be to fix SELinux for those as well. But I have
not done much yet with SELinux myself.
You could have a look at https://github.com/kanarip/kolab-selinux
where Jeroen started some work on this topic.

Timotheus