[Kolab-devel] Kolab on Ubuntu 16.04: swig with support for PHP7

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Tue Dec 27 15:57:11 CET 2016

Hello Javier,

> I have been playing around with the newest SWIG and PHP7 and I'm happy to
> report that it works without issue to me. I just had to update the
> libkolabxml CMakeLists.txt to pass `-php7` to swig (instead of `-php`) and
> recompile libkolabxml PHP bindings. After that I switched Apache to PHP7 and
> everything keeps working, but in PHP7. I tested the webadmin, chwala and all
> roundcube modules, and I detected no issues.
Thank you for working on this, and reporting on the success!

I have been trying the same for Fedora 25, but I have issues with the
PHP modules, causing php to segfault.
See https://kolab.org/hub/topic/91/kolab-16-winterfell-on-ubuntu-16-04-dependencies/14
and https://github.com/swig/swig/issues/859
I will have to dig into this after the holidays.
It is good to know that it works on Arch Linux.
I wonder if my snapshot of Swig is a couple of commits too old, I will
try that first to build with a more recent snapshot.

All the best,
  Timotheus