[Kolab-devel] Kontact/Kmail, Kolab and KF5

Paul Klos kolab at klos2day.nl
Thu Dec 22 16:29:37 CET 2016

Hi all,

I'm running Gentoo on my desktop. Recently libkolab and libkolabxml were removed from the portage tree. I saved those ebuilds locally, so I still have them, but I expect it's going to get increasingly difficult keeping my Kmail with Kolab support running, especially since  Kmail 16, built on KF 5 just hit the tree.

I'd like, obviously, to keep my Kolab support in Kmail (akonadi) but I'd also like, and will probable need to at some point, upgrade to the latest and greatest Kmail.

So, I have a few questions:

- What's going to happen with libkolab(xml)?
- Will these libs still be needed for local Kolab support in akonadi?
- Is work being done porting Kolab support to KF5?
- Can I help in any way?

I hope someone closer to the core development can shed some light on the situation.

Thanks,

Paul