[Kolab-devel] building latest libkolab (Was: Next Release)

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Fri Sep 18 11:18:23 CEST 2015

Hello Thomas,

> Any info about libkolab not building?
> See
> http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20150917212308.spuhler.valstar.25112/log/libkolab-1.0.1-1.mga6/build.0.20150917212318.log

I tried to build the latest kdepimlibs 15.08.0 on Fedora 22. The
package kdepimlibs is now called kf5-akonadi.
https://obs.kolabsys.com/project/monitor?project=home%3Atpokorra%3Abranches%3AKolab%3ADevelopment
I used the packages from
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/dvratil/kdepim/ and
https://dvratil.fedorapeople.org/kdepim/review

I got into troubles with OBS again, it does not show me the build
failure for the kf5-akonadi at the moment.

So I went to copr, tried to build libkolab and kolab-utils there:
https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/tpokorra/kolab-git/builds/

Problem I have now:

-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler4 preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler4
-- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:138
(message):
  Could NOT find KdepimLibs (missing: KdepimLibs_CONFIG) (Required is at
  least version "4.8")
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:374
(_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindKdepimLibs.cmake:83
(find_package_handle_standard_args)
  CMakeLists.txt:69 (find_package)

I think that the Kolab packages are not ready for the new kdepimutils yet.

Unfortunately, Mageia is out of my reach and interest.

I am not able to get to your problems with Fedora, because I have
build problems already before getting to your problems.

Perhaps someone else is interested to help out?

What about the developers of libkolab? Which version of kdepimutils
are you using?

Timotheus