[Kolab-devel] Next Release

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Wed Sep 9 09:31:02 CEST 2015

Just a few comments:

> But we haven't packaged Cyrus IMAP 2.5.x nor has Fedora as far as I can see.
> This will be a major task
I asked Jeroen (aka kanarip) on IRC some weeks ago, because he is a
package administrator of the Fedora cyrus-imapd package:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/cyrus-imapd/
He said, that the Fedora people don't like his spec file, because it
has too many conditionals for other operating systems.
And he does not want to do the work twice.
https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/view_file/Kolab:Development/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.spec?expand=1
Jeroen is also the release engineer for Cyrus IMAP upstream:
https://cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/Cyrus_Bylaws

> roundcubemail-plugins-kolab
> This requires roundcube_version 1.2
> I cannot find a roundcube_version 1.2.
Since Kolab Systems does the work upstream in Roundcube as well, they
can use a prerelease. Similar situation as with Cyrus.
Best guess would be to use the tar.gz from
https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/show/Kolab:Development/roundcubemail

By the way, my email was not so much targeted at integrating Kolab
directly into distributions, but to create a release of Kolab on OBS.
Kolab as part of distributions is another interesting subject. I am
wondering myself to invest some time to get Kolab into Fedora,
probably that will happen not this year anymore:
https://kolab.org/blog/timotheus-pokorra/2015/06/11/kolab-server-role-fedora-rolekit
https://github.com/libre-server/rolekit/issues/11

hope this helps,
  Timotheus