[Kolab-devel] kolab and dovecot on ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Pietro Vassalli p.vassalli at waterline.ch
Tue Oct 27 10:30:11 CET 2015

Ok guys, I've been able to manage the installation of Kolab on Jessie
with dovecot.

I'll write an howto soon. Now I am still experiencing some problems.

The first is that in the calendar, if I add an internal person, the
invitation is not sent, while for external domain it works. Moreover I
can't see if the person is busy or now (but that is not so important to
me).

The second is that when I delete an email, it is not moved to trash, but
it is permantly deleted.

I can move mails between folders, I can share files and so on, but the
two problems up are annoying me.

So far I'd like to know if anybody have a converter (not imapsync) to
move my maildir structure (based on dovecot) to cyrus-imapd.

I don't want to use imapsync because I'd like to move bare data and
convert everything via filesystem.

Thank you guys,

Pietro

Il 22-10-2015 16:39 Mihai Badici ha scritto:

> On Thursday 22 October 2015 11:53:10 Pietro Vassalli wrote:
>
> Hi Mihai,
>
> I've been working on it all night/day: can you please pastebin your:
>
> dpkg --list
>
> and provide me which debian version are you using? Jessie or wheezy?
>
> Thank you for everything by now... :)
>
> As i said , I don't use the full kolab package.
>
> I have few servers running slackware, but this one is debian and is used for a little hosting business so it is running for a while. It's debian wheezy.
>
> My advice was not to install the package but just look at the config :)
>
> The installer is a little buggy and it has some tricks ( my goal was to create a "normal" mailserver first, using openldap+postfix+dovecot , because this can be done with standard packages ( this step is not so version dependent, just installing packages and populate ldap) The second step is to enable kolab services; this is a little tricky because it is distribution and version dependent. I use only libkolabxml and roundcube plugins, plus kolab-syncroton and chwala from the kolab project. This is the basic part.
>
> The kolab schema is more complex and i prefer to have a lightweight project even loosing some functionalities.
>
> But if you install kolab, you need only to adjust dovecot ldap queries and you can use my config as starting point.
>
> root at mail:~# dpkg --list|grep libko
>
> ii libkolabxml0 0.8.4-5 amd64 Kolab XML format (shared library)
>
> root at mail:~# dpkg --list|grep libko
>
> ii libkolabxml0 0.8.4-5 amd64 Kolab XML format (shared library)
>
> root at mail:~# dpkg --list|grep dove
>
> ii dovecot-core 2:2.2.16-1~auto+56 amd64 secure POP3/IMAP server - core files
>
> ii dovecot-dev 2:2.2.19-1~auto+17 amd64 secure POP3/IMAP server - header files
>
> ii dovecot-imapd 2:2.2.16-1~auto+56 amd64 secure POP3/IMAP server - IMAP daemon
>
> ii dovecot-ldap 2:2.2.16-1~auto+56 amd64 secure POP3/IMAP server - LDAP support
>
> ii dovecot-managesieved 2:2.2.16-1~auto+56 amd64 secure POP3/IMAP server - ManageSieve server
>
> ii dovecot-pop3d 2:2.2.16-1~auto+56 amd64 secure POP3/IMAP server - POP3 daemon
>
> ii dovecot-sieve 2:2.2.16-1~auto+56 amd64 secure POP3/IMAP server - Sieve filters support
>
> root at mail:~#
>
> --
>
> Mihai Badici [1]

Links: