[Kolab-devel] kolab and dovecot on ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Wed Oct 21 10:06:53 CEST 2015

On Wednesday 21 October 2015 09:53:57 Pietro Vassalli wrote:

Hi everybodyI’m in need of little help: I’m trying to configure kolab with
dovecot, but I have some issues.I can connect to the system, send and
receive mails but I can’t get rid of some errors:
PHP Error: IMAP server doesn't support METADATA or ANNOTATEMOREPHP
Error: No kolab_storage_cache class found for folder 'Contacts' of type
''PHP Error: Addressbook source (Q29udGFjdHM) not found! in
/usr/share/roundcubemail/program/include/rcmail.php on line 254 (GET
/roundcubemail/de2909d2b31f618d/?_task=addressbook)

The metadata support in dovecot need to be activated; there is a directive
somewhere.
Starting with 2.2.10 if i remember well, the metadata plugin is not needed,
there is metadata support in dovecot, but you need to enable it.
I think i have an previous post regarding that, if you can't find it i will take a
look a little bit later, I can't do it right now.

when I press with my user on contacts I get "SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT
AVAILABLE! Error No. [700]"
I’ve seen Sergio and Thomas talking about that
here:http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/devel/2015-February/015234.htmlI’ve
installed dovecot metadata plugin, so the first error “IMAP server doesn't
support METADATA or ANNOTATEMORE” should not be present (but maybe I
have to add some conf in dovecot/conf.d).For the other errors the
workaround found by Sergio is As I'm only using one domain right now I've
changed the shared folder route to avoid the '@' and now the path to the
other user folder is "shared/sto/Contacts", but I don’t know where to apply
the avoiding of @
Can anyone help me?
Thank you everybody.
Regards,