[Kolab-devel] libcalendaring, kdepimlibs and kf5

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Tue Nov 17 09:08:27 CET 2015

Hello,

It seems, even if kdepimlibs is available in CentOS7 or Fedora 22, the
version is too old for the git master versions of some Kolab packages.

einar77 just told me on IRC that he is involved in this big change
towards kf5 upstream, and he is happy to help and answer questions.

It seems Mageia is already quite progressed with kf5.

kf5 for Fedora
still version 5.16:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/kf5/ =>
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=18413

version 15.08:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/kf5-kmime/ =>
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=20865
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/kf5-kcontacts/ =>
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=20862
etc.

no build yet:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/kf5-akonadi/ =>
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=20899

Should we continue to rely on libcalendaring for the moment, or should
we already aim for kf5?

I suggest to switch to kf5 in Kolab:Development first, and to use
libcalendaring still for the Kolab 3.5 release.

What do you think?

Timotheus