[Kolab-devel] Fwd: Re: Questions about tags and description of notes

Ing. Konrad Renner konrad.renner at kolabnow.com
Wed May 20 09:15:50 CEST 2015

Hi,

you are right with the point, that a central library can help to have a correct implementation of a specification. But as stated before, I am afraid that the bindings are not maintained in the future (eg like qt-jambi). Beside this "fear" the bindings are JNI wrappers, maybe with Java 9 (there is JEP #191) it is possible to call native libs without such wrappers and then, the usage of this libs can be reevaluated from me.

I know the SyncKolab project, unfortunatley the implementation of the Kolab specificas and the Android clue code was not separated. My lib is separeted from the Android code, so it is also able to use in any Java application. Also it is easily possible to fork the app and use instead of my library eg the JNI wrappers.

But of course I will have a look on the bindings.

One last thing: You guys are doing a great work! Thank you for creating such a cool product and making the code and specifications available for everyone!

Kind regards,
Konrad