[Kolab-devel] Changing the primary email address via webadmin - and its implications

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Fri Mar 6 12:40:33 CET 2015

Here's the proof that it actually works as expected.

[root at kolab-centos6 ~]# kolab lm
user/lucy.white at example.org
user/lucy.white/Archive at example.org
user/lucy.white/Calendar at example.org
user/lucy.white/Calendar/Personal Calendar at example.org
user/lucy.white/Configuration at example.org
user/lucy.white/Contacts at example.org
user/lucy.white/Contacts/Personal Contacts at example.org
user/lucy.white/Drafts at example.org
user/lucy.white/Files at example.org
user/lucy.white/Freebusy at example.org
user/lucy.white/Journal at example.org
user/lucy.white/Notes at example.org
user/lucy.white/Sent at example.org
user/lucy.white/Spam at example.org
user/lucy.white/Tasks at example.org
user/lucy.white/Trash at example.org
[root at kolab-centos6 ~]# ldapmodify -x -h localhost -p 389 -D
"cn=Directory Manager" -w test << EOF
 > dn: uid=white,ou=People,dc=example,dc=org
 > changetype: modify
 > replace: mail
 > mail: lucy.black at example.org
 > -
 > replace: sn
 > sn: Black
 > EOF
modifying entry "uid=white,ou=People,dc=example,dc=org"

[root at kolab-centos6 ~]# # wait some seconds
[root at kolab-centos6 ~]# kolab lm
user/lucy.black at example.org
user/lucy.black/Archive at example.org
user/lucy.black/Calendar at example.org
user/lucy.black/Calendar/Personal Calendar at example.org
user/lucy.black/Configuration at example.org
user/lucy.black/Contacts at example.org
user/lucy.black/Contacts/Personal Contacts at example.org
user/lucy.black/Drafts at example.org
user/lucy.black/Files at example.org
user/lucy.black/Freebusy at example.org
user/lucy.black/Journal at example.org
user/lucy.black/Notes at example.org
user/lucy.black/Sent at example.org
user/lucy.black/Spam at example.org
user/lucy.black/Tasks at example.org
user/lucy.black/Trash at example.org
Now we need to find the cases where this fails

--
Daniel