[Kolab-devel] Building Kolab Server source

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at pokorra.de
Thu Jun 25 12:21:19 CEST 2015

Hello,

Welcome to the Kolab community!

I have never heard about BOSS before, but I found it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharat_Operating_System_Solutions

You can find the *.dsc, and debian.tar.gz files and the tarballs at
http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/3.4/Debian_7.0/
or
http://obs.kolabsys.com/repositories/Kolab:/3.4/Debian_8.0/

But first, I would try if you can even install the Debian packages
directly on BOSS.
Following https://docs.kolab.org/installation-guide/debian.html
That would save you a lot of work.
Otherwise, I would recommend running Kolab on a native Debian machine,
perhaps using virtualization.

Mixing Kolab with other services on one server is not such a good idea.

Hope this helps,
  Timotheus

On 25 June 2015 at 09:17, Ashok Kumar J <ashok.jagathesan at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi, Happy to hear about the Kolab mail server. I come to know about this
> community work in roundcube website. It's amazing. You have bundled
> everything in a single point. I need your help to create the binary from
> source package. At present , i am working in Debian based OS- BOSS. Please
> help me to build the source in debian.
>
> --
> with regards
>
> Ashok Kumar J