[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 3.4 on CentOS 32bit Feedback/Question (iRony on IPhone CalDAV CardDAV)

Soliva, Andrea andrea.soliva at comcept.ch
Tue Jul 28 11:29:48 CEST 2015

Hi all

only a Feedback but probably interessting:

I tested iRony on IPhone CalDAV and/or CardDAV. If you configure for
CardDAV following below the URI which is used under andvanced setting
will be set correctly from scratch:

Server :      [FQDN Kolab Server]/iRony
Benutzername: [Your Kolab User Account like user at mydomain.ch]
Passwort:     [Your Kolab User Account Password]

This means as soon as you confirm for CardDAV the settings and you look
afterwards to the account following is used for the URI:

https://[FQDN Kolab Server]/iRony/pricipals/[Email Address like
user at mydomain.ch/

 From this Point of view it works out of the box without changing
anything. If you do the same for "CalDAV" the URI is not set
automatically correctly which means the configuration will be successful
confirmed but the calendar can not be seen. If you look closer to the
account the URI is set as:

https://[FQDN Kolab Server]/iRony

If you replace the URI with:

https://[FQDN Kolab Server]/iRony/pricipals/[Email Address like
user at mydomain.ch/

All is working as designed. The Initial request I monitored on the
server in debug mode and I can see that the URI is mentioned correctly
(like this one which is mentioned above). To not have a misunderstanding
this was only a test using ActivSync on IPhone which works perfect :-)

Using on the IPhone 8.4 and tested several time in several constellation
like first CalDAV after CardDAV etc. etc. always CalDAV is not set
correctly.

This for your Information and probably helpful.

Kind regards

Andrea Soliva

Email: andrea.soliva at comcept.ch