[Kolab-devel] current state/future of debian packages ?

Timotheus Pokorra timotheus at kolab.org
Tue Jan 27 09:34:10 CET 2015

Hello,

>> Why are they not at github? That would make contributing (Public PRs,
>> well
>> known workflow for many developers, integrated bug- / tickettracker,
>> more
>> visibility, ...).
>
> We are all about Free Software and github is a proprietary service.
> That said,
> we do mirror some of our repositories on github, but we prefer not to
> be
> locked in by the proprietary issue tracker for example.

I have installed Gitlab on my own server for other projects, and I am
really happy with it!
https://about.gitlab.com/ tagline: "Version Control on your Server like
GitHub but Open Source"

It even imports projects from Github in the latest version.

That said, I think you still need a full blown issue tracker. With
github or gitlab, you cannot group tickets into subproject/packages, and
you end up with quite a mess, I think. You cannot set several states, or
set release versions etc.

Timotheus