[Kolab-devel] Kolab Debian Packages (was Re: Wallace error when processing iTips with UTF-8) characters

Sergio Talens-Oliag sto at iti.es
Wed Jan 14 10:42:41 CET 2015

El Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 12:12:24PM +1300, Torsten Grote va escriure:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2015 15:22:35 Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:
> > It's just to know what to expect from the
> > different repositories... i.e. ¿when is a package on the Development
> > repository updated?  ¿Each day? ¿Each time the repo gets a new tag?
>
> It is usually updated when needed. But there are nightly packages kindly
> provided by Timotheus which are directly built from git. Browsing Kolab Planet
> once in a while can help you to find these gems:
>
>     https://kolab.org/blog/timotheus-pokorra/2013/10/23/nightly-builds-kolab-centos-and-debian

Thanks a lot for the info, then I guess I'll use the devel packages unless I
need a git fix for now... ;)

¿Is there a place or list to know when packages are updated? I can use apt-get
for that, but my testing machine is a virtual machine that is not always
running, so I won't notice the updates unless I have it running.

Another question... I've installed the Development packages on a Debian Wheezy
system and I've found some problems, so ¿who I have to talk with to fix it?

So far I haven't tested everything, but I found pretty soon that the Roundcube
installation is broken.

It looks like the latest roundcube version expects to find a lot of files
under the directory /usr/share/roundcubemail/public_html/assets, but the kolab
debian packages put them on other places (usually under the plugin or program
directory); for example, the web browser requests the file:

  https://myserver/roundcubemail/assets/plugins/calendar/calendar_base.js

that should be on the path:

  /usr/share/roundcubemail/public_html/assets/plugins/calendar/calendar_base.js

but the file is installed by the roundcubemail-plugins-kolab package on:

  /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/calendar/calendar_base.js

I've looked at the daily built package from:

  http://obs.kolabsys.com:82/home:/tpokorra:/branches:/Kolab:/Development/Debian_7.0/all/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab_3.2.2-0~kolab1-nightly20150114_all.deb

And the file is still installed on the wrong place:

  $ dpkg --contents roundcubemail-plugins-kolab_3.2.2-0~kolab1-nightly20150114_all.deb | grep calendar_base.js
  -rw-r--r-- root/root      5241 2015-01-13 22:19 ./usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/calendar/calendar_base.js

It looks like this a debian packaging problem only, reviewing the
roundcubemail-plugins-kolab.spec file:

  https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/view_file/Kolab:Development/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab.spec?expand=1

it seems that debian.rules file:

  https://obs.kolabsys.com/package/view_file/Kolab:Development/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab/debian.rules?expand=1

has to copy some things from the .spec file.

Reading the debian.rules I see that it tries to do the right thing for .js
and .css files, but the code is buggy, as it tries to find the files on the
roundcubemail package while the package name is roundcubemail-plugins-kolab.

The fix on line 26:

  for file in `find $(CURDIR)/debian/roundcubemail/usr/share/roundcubemail/ -type f -name "*.css"`; do

would be to replace it by this other line:

  for file in `find $(CURDIR)/debian/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab/usr/share/roundcubemail/ -type f -name "*.css"`; do

or with a parametrized version that could also be used on the original
roundcube package (with that change it can be cutted & pasted between the
packages without being wrong):

  for file in `find $(CURDIR)/debian/$(PACKAGE)/usr/share/roundcubemail/ -type f -name "*.css"`; do

The same thing should be done on the line 33.

Also, looking at the SPEC file seems obvious that beside the .css and .js
files others need to be moved or copied, like the other assets block (starting
on line 1195 of the roundcubemail-plugins-kolab.spec file) that are not
referenced the debian.rules file.

Who I should contact for a review of the debian packaging? Should I do it on
an OBS branch, if I'm authorized to do that or shoud I send patches somewhere
else?

I'm not familiarized with OBS system, but I guess it isn't that difficult and
I'm a debian developer, so I know how to package things, more or less... ;)

Greetings,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto at iti.es>               <http://www.iti.es/>
Key fingerprint = FF77 A16B 9D09 FC7B 6656 CFAD 261D E19A 578A 36F2