[Kolab-devel] Wallace and Invitation Policies

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Tue Jan 13 13:57:56 CET 2015

Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:
>>> Hmm, why not? If it is the same iTip won't both of them get the same ID?
>> The iTip message is just a regular email message just so happen to have
>> an attachment with an ical block. Unfortunately there's no IMAP SEARCH
>> command to easily find an iTip invitation by its UID. The only way would
>> be to iterate over all messages and look into the attachment contents...
>> not very sexy.
>
> But it is doing it right now... I've looked at the Calendar's messages and
> their subject is the iTip's UID, so it is easy to find them, or at least it
> looks like it is.

Please don't confuse calendar objects being stored as Mime messages in
IMAP with the actual iTip invitation messages received via SMTP. The
latter one doesn't have the UID in the subject but whatever the sending
calendar agent has put there and thus is hard to locate.

And even worse: it could be moved to any folder either manually or by a
sieve script. So ultimately we'd need to search all folders for it.

>>> I just tried and with the $config['kolab_invitation_calendars'] = true option
>>> I see a POSTPONE option on the iTip message and if I click on it the event it
>>> shows on the pending invitations and the mail message still allows me choose
>>> the option I want (ACCEPT, MAYBE or DECLINE) except the POSTPONE button (it is
>>> disabled now, which makes sense, as the iTip is already on the calendar)
>> True, but here we have a similar situation where the iTip message
>> remains in your Inbox even if you accept he invitation from within the
>> calendar. We're yet lacking a proper solution for this. That's also a
>> reason why the invitation calendar thing is disabled by default and more
>> of an experimental feature.
>
> In my installation roundcube shows the updated state of the invitation when
> you open the message, so I don't see a big problem here... maybe with other
> clients is a problem, but as long as the calendar has the right contents and
> the events are not duplicated it is OK for me... maybe I'm missing something
> else, I'll do more testing and see.

Yes, the status is updated once you look at the invitation message
again. But I was talking about locating and removing the invitation
message from the Inbox once accepted. We'd like to apply the behavior
configured in the 'calendar_itip_after_action' option, also when an
invitation is accepted/rejected from the calendar view. This is
currently not possible. When accepting an iTip invitation from the mail
view, we have the context of the iTip message and therefore we can apply
the configured action (e.g. move to trash).

~Thomas