[Kolab-devel] Solution for libkolab and kdepimlibs

Sandro Knauß knauss at kolabsys.com
Fri Feb 20 13:09:37 CET 2015

Hey,

after some discussion we came up with a solution for the problem with
libkolab, kdepimlibs and kolab server/client. The basic problem is, that on
the one side we do not want a whole kde installed at the server on the other
side kolab client needs a libkolab built with kdepimlibs.

The solution we came up with is quite easy:
* Keep the libkolab the same than before and built it against libcalendaring.
* Make sure that the version of libkolab built with kdepimlibs is everytime
higher than the coresponding version built against libcalendaring. When I say
higher version I'm mean something like libkolab0.6.0-1 (in the kolab repo)
getting libkolab0.6.0-1+pimlibs1 for kolab-client repo.

Regads,

sandro
--

--