[Kolab-devel] Process Around Kolab 3.4 Release (Book Fri, 15:00 CET)

Daniel Hoffend dh at dotlan.net
Thu Feb 12 18:39:27 CET 2015

Hi Timo

> We might want to discuss the inclusion of the TBits ISP patches (customers managing their own domains with domain quota and maximum number of accounts) in one form or another, after the release of Kolab 3.4.

I had similar ideas that I've discussed with Jereon on FOSDEM. But I think the inclusion of your patches doesn't match the basic vanilla installation of enterprise use case.

But in my mind I've currently some ideas to extend the api calls with pre and post hooks (similar) to roundcube. This way you can register some checks without having to fully patch the webadmin source code which breaks every update and so on.

With hooks in the webadmin you can have multiple ways/extensions on how to control domain account management. The simplest could be via kolab.conf while the most complex could be a multi-domain management via LDAP like yours.

Maybe that would help you. Especially with maintaining your patches. Thoughts?

--
Daniel