[Kolab-devel] guam 0.4

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at mykolab.com
Tue Dec 15 09:25:23 CET 2015

Hello! :)

For those who haven't seen it, I blogged about Guam, a rules-based IMAP
session filter/proxy written for use with Kolab:

https://exote.ch/blogs/aseigo/2015/12/10/guam-an-imap-session-filterproxy/

Currently there is only rule implemented: to filter out groupware folders from
non-Kolab-aware IMAP clients. Currently this is done through detection by the
client advertised ID ... which means that unless you are using the Latest &
Greatest clients from the Kolab Enterprise builds it will not work so nicely
with Kontact / Roundcube. It's a matter of time until the necessary changes
make their way out into the wild more broadly.

The git repo is here:

	git clone https://git.kolab.org/diffusion/G/guam.git

and the project page is here:

	https://git.kolab.org/tag/guam/

We rolled 0.4 the other day and have tested it on RHEL/CentOS 6[1], and it is
Ready(tm) for people to start banging away on it in earnest ... feedback,
input, war stories, war paint, paintings, and general impressions welcome and
desired.

[1] well, among others .. I'm developing it primarily on a laptop running
openSuse :)

--
Aaron Seigo