[Kolab-devel] Zanshin development status

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at mykolab.com
Mon Dec 14 12:42:03 CET 2015

On Thursday, December 3, 2015 21.13:00 Ing. Konrad Renner wrote:
> Do anyone know how the status of the Zanshin development is?

I spoke recently with Kevin Ottens about this ...

> Will 0.3 be kf 5 based?

No, but it will be the last Qt4 based release; from 0.4 on he plans on
focusing on KF5

> On git.kolab.org are tags for 3.0.x versions, are these "real"
> releases?

0.3? Yes.. they are going to be released officially quite soon now.

> Do these or version 0.2.2 work with kf 5 based kde pim/Akonadi
> or could it be problematic?

The ought to work with the KF5 based Akonadi, though I don't think that has
been explicitly tested or is guaranteed (as in: a long-term supported config).
In theory, however, it should work as there are no Akonadi resources (so
nothing to port there) and the wire protocol is AFAIK unchanged.

The move to Akonadi 2 will involve some work, however ... but that is also
future ..

--
Aaron Seigo