[Kolab-devel] Kolab on RaspberryPi

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 19:26:49 CET 2014

On Tuesday 11. March 2014 10.57.13 Andreas Cordes wrote:

> I'm new to Kolab and this list so I may introduce myself a bit why I
> subscribed to this list.
>

> I'm 36 years old, studied business informatics long time ago and was
> looking for a groupware which is capable of active sync for RaspberryPi.
>
> I found lots of posts saying, not possible or ARM packages not
> available. Daniele Gobbetti did this for 3.0 but I'm living on the
> bleeding edge :-) and decided to go directly to 3.2.
>
> And now it's working, I'm currently writing this mail via roundcubemail
> on my RaspberryPi, Active sync is working on my mobile like a charm.

Congratulations! It looks like you're using the source packages straight out
of the OBS repository:

http://whvneo.blogspot.com/p/preparation.html

That's certainly a useful document for those interested in building Debian
packages.

> May be you find this interesting as well and share this information.
>
> My blog with my experience  can be found at whvneo.blogspot.com and ARM
> packages are available at
>       deb http://kolab-deb.zion-control.org /

Thanks for sharing this work! I imagine you almost wish you could cross-build
the packages on some serious hardware. ;-)

But as you have shown, there's often little reason for packages not to be
available for an architecture as long as the software is portable and cleanly
packaged.

Paul