[Kolab-devel] Same problem as BUG 2989 in Debian 7.x with multi domain? -SOLVED

Gelpi Andrea liste at gelpi.it
Tue Jul 1 12:55:27 CEST 2014

Il 01/07/2014 11:39, Gelpi Andrea ha scritto:
> hi,
> 	on a fresh kolab 3.2 on debian 7.5 I followed this document to have
> multi domain (no alias domain)
>
> http://docs.kolab.org/howtos/multi-domain.html
>
> when I try to create a new user in a different domain form primary (the
> one used to configure kolab)
>
> I have the same messages describe in BUG 2989 and mailboxes are not created.
>
> # dpkg -l | grep cyrus
> ii  cyrus-imapd                             2.5~dev2014011701-0~kolab1
>   i386         Cyrus IMAP Server

Documentation seems to me not to be complete.
My purpose is to have 2 domain.

first.it (primary) and
second.it (completely separate)

To have distinct domain working I had to modify /etc/imapd.conf with:

Add what I found in documentation

ldap_domain_base_dn: ""
ldap_domain_filter:
(&(objectclass=domainrelatedobject)(associateddomain=%s))
ldap_domain_name_attribute: associatedDomain
ldap_domain_scope: sub
ldap_domain_result_attribute: inetdomainbasedn

but also modify other three line.

ldap_base: dc=%2,dc=%1
ldap_group_base: dc=%2,dc=%1
ldap_member_base: ou=People,dc=%2,dc=%1

Surely I cannot add a domain with 3 levels like my.kolab.it but now I
can create user in other domain and can log in.

I don't know if this introduce problems else where.

If there is a better solution ...

--
ing. Andrea Gelpi
La Terra non la abbiamo ereditata dai nostri avi,