[Kolab-devel] XMPP integration in Kolab web client

Thomas Brüderli bruederli at kolabsys.com
Thu Jan 30 17:35:57 CET 2014

Mihai Badici wrote:
> If I set  old_style_prebind =  true I have the chance to see my password in my
> browser's navigation bar like:
>
> http://mail.example.com/?jid=eee&password=eee

I'm wondering how you got this. With pre-binding active, the password is
never sent to the client. Looks like you submitted the login form in the
client which means that pre-binding didn't work.

> This is also logged in apache's log and, as a bonus, openfire don't work with
> this option.

So obviously 'converse_xmpp_old_style_prebind' + openfire is the root
cause here. As previously mentioned, the old_style code only supports
PLAIN authentication which might be rejected by openfire.

But thanks a lot for sharing your findings with us.

Kind regards,
Thomas