[Kolab-devel] XMPP integration in Kolab web client

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Sat Jan 25 23:02:06 CET 2014

On Friday 24 January 2014 10:02:03 Thomas Brüderli wrote:
> Mihai Badici wrote:
> > On Thursday 23 January 2014 15:31:00 Thomas Brüderli wrote:
> >> Dear all
> >>
> >> I'd like to introduce you to a possible path how to integrate XMPP into
> >> the Kolab web client for those how have a Jabber server running along
> >> with their Kolab installation.
> >>
> >> This is what you need to get started:
> >>
> >> * A Kolab 3.1 installation with Roundcube 1.0

Ok, thanks.
Here is my configuration with openfire:

$rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_bosh_prebind_url']= function($args) {
        return 'http://localhost:7070/http-bind/';
 };
$rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_bosh_url']= function($args) {
        return '/http-bind/';
};

$rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_hostname'] = function($args) {
  list($user,$host) = explode('@', $args['user']);
    return 'localhost';
    };
$rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_password']= function($args) {
        return $args['pass'];
};
$rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_enable_always'] = true;

$rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_debug'] = true;

// Enable development mode
$rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_devel_mode'] = false;

// Use older XMPP bind code (in case someone is having problem with
// newer code using Candy Chat's prebind library)
$rcmail_config['converse_xmpp_old_style_prebind'] =false;

If I set  old_style_prebind =  true I have the chance to see my password in my
browser's navigation bar like:

http://mail.example.com/?jid=eee&password=eee

This is also logged in apache's log and, as a bonus, openfire don't work with
this option.

In apache I have:
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass /http-bind http://localhost:7070/http-bind/
ProxyPassReverse /http-bind http://localhost:7070/http-bind/

Obviously, I use openfire on the same machine.
I authenticate with uid, who don't contain the domain part.
In this case, converse_xmpp_hostname need to be explicitly set.